Monday, November 29, 2010

My Special Treat: Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks

salted-caramel-signature-hot-chocolate-7.jpg

      With Pots Syndrome, days can be really hard. Many days I just spend lying around the house. Many days, I don't have enough energy to get out of the house. Luckily, many of my professors so far have been very understanding about my condition and have made special arrangements with me so that I can do a lot of work from home.
      The great thing about staying at home is that I can live in comfy pants and sweatshirts all the time. Which I love.
Energy is extremely precious. The exhaustion daily I feel is unlike what 'normal', healthy people feel. I can't wait to feel better and have energy again. It's something I think about multiple times a day.
      Today, Otto & I went out for a special treat, we had a Starbucks date. <3 I tried the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate for the first time. I have been wanting to try it since I first heard about it a couple weeks ago. Usually when I go to Starbucks I get coffee for the caffeine. It helps a little with the exhaustion.
      After some research I found a fairly simple recipe that may be similar to the salted caramel hot chocolate.
Alice’s Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Recipe
saltedcaramelhotchocolate2.jpg

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons Caramel syrup, heated to luke warm  (recipe here)
Hot Chocolate (4 tablespoons of 
ganache plus 6 oz. of milk, heated)
Canned Whipped Cream
Pinch of Medium Coarse Sea Salt
Directions:
Pour 2 Tablespoons of caramel syrup into a mug so the inside of the mug is coated well.  Add hot chocolate and stir everything.  Top off with with cream, drizzle with remaining caramel, and sprinkle with sea salt.  Enjoy!
http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/11/salted-caramel-hot-chocolate-recipe/
(recipe & picture)
Hope you are keeping warm!!! 
xoxo,
K
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment