Monday, December 6, 2010

The Works


      Finals are this week. One of the many problems I am having is that I can barely stay awake long enough to eat, studying is not even on the horizon. Which is not my usual problem (usually I can't sleep at all). Two of the days that I had planned to spend studying and working on a project I have due...were spent in bed, literally unable to stay awake. 
      No matter how hard I tried to force myself out of bed, I couldn't get up. When my body does this, there is nothing I can do about it. Even caffeine can't keep me awake. This happens a couple days a month usually. There is nothing I can do about it, no way to tell when these days are coming.
      I hope my body will gets its priorities in order. I need to be awake for my test tomorrow and my brain needs to be clear so I can think. After all, if I am there for the test, but my brain is foggy (as is known to happen with POTS), I might as well just have skipped the test all together.
      Trying to get through school with this disorder has been an adventure. I have had to accept that I currently do not have the ability to perform at the level that I used to, and take one day at a time. I have be doing better and better as the treatment has continued; but I get frustrated as I just want to be my 'old self.'
      I should probably be studying right now and not taking the time to write this, but I find it easier to take time to sort things out in my head.
      I am ready for Christmas break!! Also, for the week in Florida my Mom & I will be spending in with my Grandpa (as we do every year). Hopefully, the sun and my Grandpa's wit will help me to feel better to face another semester of school.
Sleeping on My Text Books,
K
<3
P.S. Audrey Hepburn is AmAzInG! Especially as Holly Golightly.

"You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels."
-Holly Golightly

No comments:

Post a Comment