Monday, December 27, 2010

[[[Pots Treatment...Water]]]

Water is YUMMY!!


As part of my treatment for Pots Syndrome, I am supposed to drink as much liquid, specifically water, as possible (gatorade is extremely good too, as I am on an extremely high salt diet as well...in other words, as much salt as I can eat in one day...salt on everything). This can be daunting some days, I just don't want to drink anything, or I want other liquids that just simply aren't as good for me. So I have taken a couple measures to make my water diet a little more bearable. 


I use my Starbucks cold drink tumbler everyday for water, I LOVE it. It goes everywhere with me. It is perfect for liquids and ice. Especially for me since I keep it by my bed at night and it goes in the car with me and into stores and such. I also knock it over and it doesn't leak. I don't have to open and close it all of the time like I do with my nalgene (which I still love and use frequently...great for traveling, specifically at the airport and camping). 


I have always been somewhat of a 'water snob.' But, I am even more-so now that I am drinking it constantly. I refuse to drink DeKalb water or Sycamore water unless it is filtered (yes, I really can tell a difference)...at least I can admit it right?? Also, I really can tell a difference between bottle water brands. I know it's weird. I prefer Ice Mountain. I LOVE ice water.


Having to drink it all the time I have experimented with different flavors in water...lemon and lime are both good, lime is the best of the two in my opinion. 


This summer Caribou had this fantastic tea, white tea with lime and mint...it was fantastic. I was so sad to see it go at the end of the 'seasonal' period. So I did experimenting and was able to make it at home, not as perfect as Caribou, but it was still good. Then, I tried it without the tea and came up with the best 'water recipe' that I have tried so far.

I have been drinking water with mint and lime...it is amazing. Rip some fresh mint leaves and sprinkle them over some ice cubes, squeeze some lime juice over the ice cubes and add water....YUM! Very refreshing and so much better for you then soft drinks and other sugar filled drinks. It will also quench your thirst. Try mint and time with tea and a little bit of sugar for another delicious drink.


Stay Hydrated.
K
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment